As you all already know I, too excitedly, participated in the August Bingo Book-a-thon. I knew this month was going to be too damn busy because my college started this month and the timing is hell. It consumes almost my whole day. 10 to 5:30? Why? 😥 plus the hours of travelling. Arghh!
Even as I was participating in the book-a-thon I knew that reading even 5 books was going to be a task. Following the book-a-thon I completed 2 books and started my 3rd that’s when college happened and my novels were replaced by my engineering books. Check out my Bingo updates to know about them. Book 1 & Book 2
So, as a result no reading was done in mid-August. By the end on August, there were many ARC’s close to their publishing dates. I felt bad for the books so I bunked a few days and caught up on my reading.
Here are the books I read in August-
As part of my Bingo read-a-thon:
- The Little Prince by * 5/5 *
- Deception Point by Dan Brown * 5/5 *
ARCs: I did review for these too. 😉
Although I didn’t complete my book-a-thon, I followed my rough goal of 5 books. That’s something to cheer about. 😉 I know it isn’t anywhere near the number of books I read in a month but hey! the 2 books were read on 1st and 2nd August and the other three books were read from 25th August. Not bad, huh?
I also started another book, Uneasy in new Orleans (of which, I have done a review of) but I completed it on 1st September so I won’t include it in August’s wrap-up. 🙂
September is going to be busier than August as I have my exams this month and the number of assignments is unbelievably horrific. 😛
Still, I want to squeeze in reading as much as I can because of all the ARC’s that are set to release in September. I don’t want to be unfair to these books. As we are already 5 days into September and today’s the 6th day. I have already read a few books. One of the aforementioned bunks was on Friday, due to which I read 2 novels and 2 short stories till Saturday morning and then wasted my Saturday trying different themes for my blog. 😛 Today is Sunday and I wish to finish this novel because the review is due in 2 days.
Here are the books I have already read this month-
- Uneasy in New Orleans by Carol Carson * 2/5 *
- Untouchable Things by Tara Guha * 4/5 *
- Inconceivable by Cherrie Mack * 4/5 * (Review Pending)
- Ino’s Love by Marianne Sciucco * 4/5 * (Review Pending, Short Story)
- Welcome to Foxyland: Great Adventures of Little Foxycat by Wald Peterson * 4/5 * (Review Pending, Short Story)
Books I plan to read because I have to review them before they come out-
- Never the Same by Bess Richards ( Currently Reading )
- Higgs & Soap: Galaxy Delivery by Tony Cooper
- Yonder (A Southern Haunting #1) by LeeAnne Hansen
- Tarnished Gold (Cantor Gold Crime #2) by Ann Aptaker
- White Horse in Winter by Franci McMahon
- Pane and Suffering (A Webb’s Glass Shop Mystery #1) by Cheryl Hollon
- The Wilson Deception by David O. Stewart
- Scrapbook of the Dead (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #5) by Mollie Cox Bryan
- Die Again Tomorrow by Kira Peikoff
In total, I plan on reading 14 books in total and reviewing them. 😀
All the books are linked to their Goodreads page, if you wish to check them out. 😀
I desperately want to complete this list as I don’t like breaking my commitments and when you have an ARC it’s like a commitment.
Anyways, what do you guys think about my crazy schedule?