I have never been interested in doing tags but I do watch a lot of them. So, I thought about giving one of them a try. This tag is called The Emoji Book Tag. You basically have to relate your five most used emojis or five recently used emojis with books that you think would go well with the emojis.
The tag was created by seven booktubers.
People who made the tag:
Many booktubers did this tag and I found it interesting enough to want to give it a try. There are many books out there that I find appropriate to be linked to the emojis but I will make it easier for me by talking about the last read books that go along with each emoji.
My top 5 most used emojis are-
1. Face with tears of joy. The book I choose for this is Chocolate Guitar Momos by Kenny Deori Basumatary. The swearing style made me laugh. It was just so stupid and funny. And the continuous use of the smart choice of abuses made my eyes water by not stopping to laugh. Here are some of the lines that you will find in the first chapter itself-
“I’ll calm down after I’ve murdered you and danced on your ashes, you twofaced shitbrained a#@!*le bast**d!”
“He’s just a brown-nosing, arse-licking corporate slave.”
“What! Are you actually finding this funny, you gigantic fart of poison gas!”
Joseph felt like he’d just been shot and the assassin was now recommending a good undertaker and just the right cemetery.
2. The poker face or no mouth emoji. I know these are three emojis but I mostly use them grouped. (Call me unreasonable 😛 ) The book I choose is Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi. Don’t get me wrong I quite enjoyed the book and liked it too. I can’t remember a recent read book that fits this emoji because I’ve been reading all good books lately but Juliet- the protagonist, the writing style didn’t buy me. In some places I was like- Really? who talks like that? So, I guess this book will have to do. Again the story is good it’s just the writing that bugs me.
3. Face with heart shaped eyes. I use this emoji to show how much I love something. The book I choose for this is The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. No doubt about it, It isn’t my recently read but damn! this book is exception to all rules for me. It is my favorite book and it has also been one of the first books I got rereading. I have read it almost half a dozen times but it still makes me feel good. ❤ What’s not to love? ❤
4. Face with stick out tongue and eyes closed. I use this emoji when I am in a teasing mood. I will want to go with a light read or a book that just was serious but had it’s moments. This is a difficult one for me to choose but I think I will choose Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I just love the idea of a road trip and their’s was pretty cool. 😀 5. Face with open mouth and cold sweat. I use this emoji when I don’t agree with people and I can’t just plain out say that so I choose to agree with this emoji. The book I choose for this is Looking for Alaska by John Green. I will tell you why, I liked all the things- the last words, the great perhaps, the labyrinth but I still don’t feel for the book like others feel for it. I wasn’t that touched my this book. I mean it’s good but not good enough for me to want to read it again.
I would like to tag some of the people I have recently followed-
(I’ve tagged them because they are the only people I followed after seeing their links on Instagram and thought I could tag them and I haven’t socialized much. 😛 😛 Call me lazy or a typical reader. I haven’t taken out time to mingle in the book community. Sad! )
So, I finally explored and found out some of the blogs that I liked and followed, I thought it would be a good idea to tag them in the only book tag I have dared to do. 😛 To be honest, I was quite nervous about tagging people I don’t know but then I thought, you gotta start somewhere. 😛
- The Musings of a Bookaholic
- The LIT(erature) Mermaid
- Dreamy Addictions
- Inside the mind of a bibliophile
- The Geek Undergraduate
- Inspired by the Page
- A Reading Writer
- A heart for books
- To Live a Thousand Lives
- Book Snacks
- Erika in bookventureland
- thoughts and afterthoughts
- The Little Book Affair
- Every Book You Need To Read And More
I would love it if you guys do it, it will kind of be the start of a new friendship and maybe help me break the ice. 🙂